Catnip is something many cat guardians still don’t understand. I’ve seen some people overdo it in terms of offering it to cats and others who never give their cats the chance to enjoy this fun experience. Here’s a list of some interesting facts about catnip:
- Catnip is a perennial belonging to the mint family.
- It’s a plant native to Europe that was imported to the United States and other countries.
- In appearance, the plant can grow to about 2-3 feet tall and has heart-shaped leaves.
- The blooms can be lavender, white or pink.
- If grown outdoors, it can quickly take over your garden, not to mention the fact that it’ll attract the neighborhood cats to your yard.
- Catnip products come in many forms – fresh, dried, sprays, catnip-filled toys, chew products, scratching posts, etc.
- Since the quality of catnip can vary, it’s best to buy good quality, organic catnip free from pesticides and fillers.