7. I am safest indoors. With environmental enrichment, you can provide all the stimulation and fun that outside life provides without any of the dangers.
8. I need regular veterinary care. Even if I never go outside, I need to be kept up-to-date on vaccinations and parasite prevention. Please make sure I visit the veterinarian on a regular basis.
9. As a cat, I am good at hiding illness and pain. Many times the best clue you’ll receive indicating something may be medically wrong is that I’ll display a change in normal behavior. I’m counting on you to notice these things and get me to the veterinarian.
10. Despite what you may have believed, I don’t misbehave out of spite. Please don’t punish me because it sends a message that I should be afraid of you. Take the time to provide what I need as a cat and train me using humane and kind methods.
11. It’s healthier for me to be fed on a schedule. Don’t leave a mountain of food available for me all day because that’s not how cats normally eat. I do best eating several small meals per day. Talk to the veterinarian about how much I should be eating each day.
12. Play with me every day. Playtime is good for me physically, mentally and emotionally. Interactive playtime with you is one of the best ways for us to learn to trust each other and develop a stronger bond. Playtime will also help me grow into a more confident cat.
13. I need vertical territory. I love to climb so please provide a strong and sturdy cat tree for me. I also feel most secure when I’m able to be on an elevated location, especially when I nap. A cat tree with comfortable perches, window perches or even cat shelves will give me places to sleep and also places to look out over my territory.